Denver Zoo Promotions & Activation
Awarded a Silver for the Best New Promotion at the 2012 IFEA/ Haas & Wilkerson Pinnacle Awards Competition.
Creative Strategies Group’s “Zoo Crew” is a team of Brand Ambassadors who represented the Denver Zoo and the Toyota Elephant Passage at several event engagements throughout Summer 2012. They attended some of Denver’s best major festivals, community festivals and neighborhood special events including the Cherry Creek Arts Festival, City Park Jazz and the Dragon Boat Festival. CSG worked with the Zoo’s objectives to create a promotion and activation that leveraged the buzz and excitement generated by the June opening of the Toyota Elephant Passage while specifically targeting a unique demographic.
Every year, the Denver Zoo uses its resources to further its mission throughout the Denver community. In an effort to reach out to a new demographic, the Zoo created a series of events targeted at young adults—Date Night at the Zoo, Singles Safari, Brew and the Zoo and Do at the Zoo. CSG’s Zoo Crew enhanced the Denver Zoo’s ability to reach this targeted demographic.
- Drive individuals to the Denver Zoo social media sites to facilitate a growth in the interactions between the Zoo and the Denver community
- Generate data acquisition for a young adult specific demographic who may be interested in the non-traditional zoo events and experiences
- Create positive buzz about the new Toyota Elephant Passage
- Create an organic educational experience that encourages the Denver community to participate with the environmental efforts of the Denver Zoo
CSG created a new promotional campaign for the Denver Zoo, which leverages the excitement generated by the opening of the Toyota Elephant Passage and extends the Zoo’s reach into the community through a team of brand ambassadors’ interactions at various community festivals and special events. The promotional campaign included:
- A four-person event team composed of engaging, animated and appealing individuals. The team dressed in special attire which played to the ambiance created within the Toyota Elephant Passage (TEP) including khaki shorts, TEP safari style polo shirts and was topped off with pith helmets.
- To attract festival attendees, the Zoo Crew traveled with a portable “Magnificent Asia” themed event set-up including:
-A TEP themed hexagonal tent beautifully themed with the Asian hues and designs which coincide with décor of the unique Asian themed exhibit itself
-A hands-on educational piece which accurately demonstrated the main focus and goals of the TEP exhibit—the strengthened ability to provide outstanding animal care, increased conservational impacts and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (L.E.E.D) standard stability.
-In order to further engage festival attendees as well as generate data acquisition, the Zoo Crew encouraged attendees to participate in a “What Kind of Animal are You?” quiz At the conclusion of the quiz participants took a picture of themselves with a screenshot overlay of their corresponding animal. Event attendees then provided an email address to which their picture was sent along with a link to download it to social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
For more information on Creative Strategies Group and Street Team Promotion, please contact Bruce Erley.