CSG Creative Services
Sill-TerHar Motors – Volvo Creative Campaign
CSG developed a marketing plan for Sill-TerHar Motors in Broomfield, CO with strategies to increase Volvo’s sales share in the Boulder County area utilizing a partnership between Alan and Shayne Culpepper, both Olympic athletes, and Volvo. CSG created an overall strategy for the effective utilization of the Culpepper endorsement, strategized a creative direction to tie together the association and local affinity with the Culpeppers and Sill-TerHar Volvo, designed a tactical plan for the implementation of the strategic and creative direction and provided creative direction and supervision in the development of print and television advertising.
The campaign featured three different 30 second television commercials as well as an ad that was placed in the Boulder County newspaper, The Daily Camera.
Working with Sill-TerHar and the Culpeppers, CSG developed an overall marketing strategy for Sill-TerHar Volvo in Boulder that provided specific actionable strategies for the appearances and creative advertising direction. The outcome of those strategies was an increase in Volvo’s sales share in Boulder County.
- Key components of the plan included the following elements:
- Review of the endorsement arrangement
- Market appraisal and opportunities
- Define target profile
- Establish objectives for endorsement program
- Develop overall promotional strategies
CSG conceptualized the overall creative direction for promotions and advertising associated with the Culpepper’s endorsement of Volvo.
- Ascertain shared image attribute between Culpeppers and Volvo
- Develop positioning statement
- Determine creative approach
- Define print and television executions
- Develop print copy and broadcast treatments
CSG compiled an implementation plan to maximize the Culpepper endorsement while utilizing Sill-TerHar media buys in Boulder County, local events and ongoing activities of the Culpeppers.
- Media buy recommendations
- Event marketing recommendations
- Appearance recommendations
- Signage and POS
- Collateral materials